Saturday, September 15, 2007

My only high school art class


It's true. I only took one art class in high school. I got Mrs. V to let me skip the intro stuff and go directly into the advanced class. But I hated it. I got a C. This image apparently is the only thing that survived (the only thing I did, maybe?). It's pointilism and I apparently went back and shaded stuff in pencil after I turned in the half-finished drawing. I think everything in the interior of the box is made up because the still life was stupid. I put some role-playing books in there and a dice bag and suddenly things became happier.

This class had the potential of getting me started on an art career at the proper age, but instead it hampered me. Tsk tsk. Oh well. At least I'm on the right track now. That counts for something in a world of people that give up on their dreams. And I thank God every day for it.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: